Saturday, December 22

Holiday 2012!

I love the Holidays!  Sparkly, upbeat and musical!  I catch as many smarmy Life-Timey TV and old-school movies as I can, because once January rolls in the sparkly magic just seems to roll out...

Now be forewarned, this post has NOTHING to do with mid-century modern furniture at all.  In fact, Holiday decorating around mid-mod decor can be a bit jarring if you're at all inspired by sentimentalism!  Seriously, does the photo below (courtesy Pilver) give you the warm and fuzzies?  Do YOU smell gingerbread and cinnamon in the air? 

No?  Well not me anyway (however had there been SNOW outside a low ranch-house window, and some nice soft plastic holly wrapped around a chunky short candle, then maybe-- ho, ho, ho)!

Anyway, let me add this pic of the only MIB mid-mod Xmas decor I've ever owned AND that could get me the warm and fuzzies...

except I don't think I'll EVER open the box!  When will I see another pristine white bottle brush tree again?!

Now THESE ornaments are my love... and they're not shrink-wrapped!

The color, the patina, the delicacy and lighter-than-air weight!  These beauties make my heart sing!

I guess the good news is that you can have a wonderful Charlie Brown-style Noble pine OR 6' Pom-Pom aluminum tree and still put old-school sentimental hand-blown ornaments on, or a white 60's bottle-brush tree under, either one!

So is that another joy of Christmas?  The happiness it brings can be so expansive that at least two uncomplimentary styles can cohabit in the same location?

Imagine how dangerous this Holiday's potential for melding differences could be if it ever lasted past New Year's...?

Have a Very Merry Christmas & a Blessed Passover Season! 

No comments: